While I was home for the holidays I searched for my mission journals because I'm getting so excited for my brother, Brian to get his mission call! I came across a talk I wrote that fits well for the holiday season. The topic was about how we get to the Savior and what we will give Him once we reach Him.
The Wise Men were righteous men. They WANTED to worship Him. They had that desire! They reached the Savior by looking for the star, recognizing it, and following it. Because of this, it made them WISE.
The Lord puts stars in front of us. We have to be LOOKING, RECOGNIZING, and FOLLOWING His stars. The Wise Men were spiritually sensitive, and knowlegable. They were able to see the star when others could not. D&C 1:26. The Lord told Nephi He was making the plates for a WISE purpose! Are we reading them so we can RECOGNIZE the star? Mosiah 2:36 The spirit will help us RECOGNIZE. If we're not LOOKING, we won't be able to RECOGNIZE. 2 Nephi 28:30 Are we FOLLOWING? 3 Nephi 14:24 The Lord says when we do these things we become WISE. We are spiritually led to Jesus Christ. But as we SEEK Him, what are we going to GIVE Him?
Matthew 2:11 The Wise Men gave Him GOLD, FRANKENCENSE, and MYRRH.
GOLD- valuable, the softer it is the more pure and easier it is to mold.
FRANKENCENSE- This was used in the holy temples. Not everyone could go in the temples but as the Frankencense billowed out of the temples, everyone had a chance to smell it and enjoy the scent. It was a highly valued perfume.
MYRRH-John 19:39-40 This was used to help preserve the dead.
Now, as you think of these gifts, they represent the "3 FOLD MISSION" of the church.
GOLD- Perfecting the Saints
FRANKENCENSE- Proclaiming the Gospel
MYRRH- Redeeming the dead.
We are like the Wise Men, preparing to meet the Savior with our gifts. Will we be prepared?
Joseph Smith said, "After all that has been said, our GREATEST and most important duty is to Preach the gospel"
These are the greatest gifts we can give Him. I love Jacob's last words in the Book of Mormon before he dies, "Oh be wise, what can I say more?"







2 comments:
I love that you have a blog! So Kenny and I bought our tickets to Utah! I want to see you!
Hey girl! How come I didn't know you had a blog!? Hope you're doing great! I need to call you so we can catch up!
Post a Comment